02 May, 2009

Day 17 & 18

Day 17 was completed in the morning and followed by a brisk 25 min walk in to the city as I had a course to attend. I walked home again later that afternoon and could tell I had struck a problem.

My shins were sore.

Thankfully this is not a problem that has been caused by the 30 day shred workout but rather from my attempt to get up to running 5km. Its a previous problem that has resurfaced and I have decided that I need to accept the fact that I am just not a distance runner.. well my shins arent! I'm not going to move further on in my couch to 5km program. I seem to be able to comfortably manage a few minutes of jogging and walking and that will have to do. I'm disappointed but thanks the the shred workout I can see there are plenty of other ways to get fit and stong.

So because of the shins.. I took my first day off from the shred workout to give them a rest but was back to it this morning and completed day 18!

If you are looking for more inspiration to get moving visit my friend Mel's blog and follow her fitness journey too.

1 comments:

4boyz4me 04 May, 2009 00:41  

You are doing great Mell! Sorry about the shin splints but I'm glad you found another way to exercise that you are enjoying.

Labels

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP