07 November, 2008

An update on the girls

I was out feeding the girls a couple of days ago and just happened to have my phone in my pocket so thought I would get a couple of pictures to show you all how much the new girls have improved and settled into there new home. Their new feathers have grown in, they have plumped up and are now accepted by the other hens. They no longer look at green leafy food as if its something foreign and race to the door when they hear me coming along with the others. At the moment we are averaging 6 eggs a day from 8 girls.. pretty impressive I think!






Look at her fluffy butt.. and yes.. no tail feathers.. they didn't come back after being pecked out!

1 comments:

~ej 08 November, 2008 00:03  

those are brilliant photos mell...glad the new girls are settling in!! :) and lol @ the fluffy butt :)

Labels

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP